The Counter.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Music- How much have you changed over the years?

Everyone likes music. That's a given.  Being born in the wrong generation, since I still live in the 60's and 70's to some of my friends, why has music changed so much? Obviously music evolves through out the years but it seemed like music was at such a creative prime during the 60's and 70's.  Now it seems like every song is just recycled from another, AND PEOPLE DON'T CARE.  It's all about making money and being commercialized.  We call these people artists? I call them puppets.  Of course not all music from today is not all bad, but it seems like no ones trying anymore.  No ones really attempts anything daring back in the day such like concept albums, its all about getting your number 1 hit out and start collecting.  Who ever else likes the same music I do ( The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Who, ELO, etc.), do you see another band of this caliber to come around again? Perhaps I'm being biased, but please prove me wrong.  If you disagree send me any album that's from this previous decade that you think is artistically masterful, music at its best.  I'll listen to it and review it on the blog. Here is a list of albums that I felt set the standard for music.

Albums

  • Sgt. Peppers Lonely Heart Club Band(The Beatles)
  • Quadrophenia (The Who)
  • Band on the Run (Paul McCartney)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd)
  • On the Threshold of a Dream (Moody Blues)
  • Abbey Road ( The Beatles)
  • The Doors ( The Doors obviously)
  • Venus and Mars (Paul McCartney and Wings)
  • Message from the Country ( The Move)
  • Face the Music (ELO)
  • Much more, just ask and I shall recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment