The Counter.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Deep Thought of the Day- 8/11 Be Grateful for what YOU have

It's time to get deep again.  Today, I got a call from my grandmother and she invited me over for dinner because she was feeling lonely, for those who do not know my grandfather right now is at a physical therapy center for older people who can't take care of themselves.  This would be his second week being gone from home.  It made me realize that all the small problems I have can be put into perspective by comparing this situation right here.  When I arrived at my grandmothers apartment, I can tell she wasn't feeling that good, her eyes were a bit puffy and she was having pain in her back and legs for the last month. When I saw her face I immediately felt this sinking feeling, perhaps the same feeling she had as well.  I'm the youngest one in my whole family (big Greek family) and one of the very few of her grandchildren that still live around her.  It was hard to see such a strong woman who took care and looked after me as a child so worried and sad  We had a very nice dinner, she is in fact the best cook to ever live, nothing beats grandma's cooking.  Its crazy how you know when someone feels better by just looking at them.  During the time I was there, I noticed that my problems in life are just minor and blown out of proportion by over thinking everything and being self consumed.  By being able to help my grandmother by just giving her company, it helped me shed some light on a lot of situations in my life.  I plan on visiting my grandfather later today at physical therapy.  He too is most definitely feeling lonely and just wants to go home.  It feels good to make a difference and help somebody who is very close to you, even when you feel like your the only one on this world.  Just be grateful for what you have and who cares about you.  Then you realize that all those useless things that consume your focus are meaningless.  Break the pattern of self indulging in bad feelings and help somebody do the same. Live life, love life, appreciate life.

No comments:

Post a Comment